Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Trucking through the port of Oakland
Oakland has the 5th busiest port in the country. According to the Port of Oakland they support between 50,000 and 73,000 jobs in Northern California, making it one of the Bay Area’s biggest economic engines. The port of Oakland says that economic development is its primary driver, but the truck drivers who make a living running goods to and from the port say deteriorating working conditions are cutting into their bottom line.
Health, Science, Environment