Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Folk Music & Beyond Sat. 3 pm
True Life Trio Live this Saturday 3 pm
We'll give you the low-down on two festivals opening in the Bay Area in March. The Jewish Music Festival starts this weekend and some of the festival's musicians will perform this Saturday 3 pm in the KALW studios. The True Life Trio perform original songs and folk tunes from the Balkans, the Americas, and beyond. Klezmer fiddler Michael Alpert will also be on hand to play a few tunes. The Crossroads Irish-American Festival opens on March 9th with a cornucopia of music and literary events. Two of the organizers will join us in-studio and we'll hear songs from the new documentary film "Nights In Shanaglish."