Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
VIDEO: 2-Week Old Girl Rescued From Rubble In Turkey
Though the death toll (more than 360) continues to climb and the chances of finding more survivors are dimming, there is this bit of good news about what's happening in eastern Turkey, where a 7.2-magnitude earthquake struck on Sunday:
A 2-week-old baby girl, Azra Karaduman, was rescued today from the rubble of an apartment building.
The Associated Press has some raw video from that scene. It adds that the girl's mother was "still alive, pinned next to a sofa inside the flattened building." Rescuers are working to get her freed.