Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
VIDEO: Chilling New View Of The 1986 Challenger Explosion
Today, The Huffington Post released what it says is a never-before-seen video of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
The video, the site says, was taken by Jeffrey Ault of Orange City, Fla. on Super 8 film from the Kennedy Space Center viewing site, which is less than ten miles from the launch site. There have been other amateur videos of the disaster released. But it does seem like this is the first time this video is making the rounds.
Either way, it's chilling and really portrays the confusion and heartbreak that followed the Jan. 28, 1986 explosion. Here's the video:
h/t: NPR's Laurel Dalrymple.