Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Robots: a Hands-On Approach to STEM Education
- Your Call: Should orcas be held captive for human entertainment?
- How Should Bay Area Cities Regulate E-Cigarettes?
VIDEO: Chilling New View Of The 1986 Challenger Explosion
Today, The Huffington Post released what it says is a never-before-seen video of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
The video, the site says, was taken by Jeffrey Ault of Orange City, Fla. on Super 8 film from the Kennedy Space Center viewing site, which is less than ten miles from the launch site. There have been other amateur videos of the disaster released. But it does seem like this is the first time this video is making the rounds.
Either way, it's chilling and really portrays the confusion and heartbreak that followed the Jan. 28, 1986 explosion. Here's the video:
h/t: NPR's Laurel Dalrymple.