Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
VIDEO: Chilling New View Of The 1986 Challenger Explosion
Today, The Huffington Post released what it says is a never-before-seen video of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
The video, the site says, was taken by Jeffrey Ault of Orange City, Fla. on Super 8 film from the Kennedy Space Center viewing site, which is less than ten miles from the launch site. There have been other amateur videos of the disaster released. But it does seem like this is the first time this video is making the rounds.
Either way, it's chilling and really portrays the confusion and heartbreak that followed the Jan. 28, 1986 explosion. Here's the video:
h/t: NPR's Laurel Dalrymple.