Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
VIDEO: Watch 'Snackman' Casually Break Up A Fight
Able to step over low couches with help from a friend? Faster than a football fan stretching for the remote? Ready to munch at a moment's notice?
This video has taken on a bit of a viral life of its own since being posted earlier this month. Folks seem impressed by the casual way its star — now known as Snackman — helps break up a fight between a man and a woman on a New York City subway train. (Note: there are a few fleeting expletives in the video.)
CNN says a security expert it spoke with was impressed by the way Snackman moseyed into action. Stepping between the combatants "changed the context ... changed the dynamic [and] he deescalated the incident," Steve Kardian told the cable news network.
(H/T to NPR.org's Laurel Dalrymple.)