Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Out in the Bay - 14 June 2012 - Voguing/Fresh Meat
"Voguing" at Fresh Meat this weekend at SF's Brava Theatre
Voguing at the Fresh Meat Festival. Tonight's Out in the Bay is on "voguing" and more, with members of Vogue Evolution, a top dance crew from New York, and singer Emily Vasquez (American Idol and The Glee Project ). They're here for a world-premiere performance at this weekend's Fresh Meat Festival of Transgender & Queer Performance, and joined us for a chat and special Out-in-the-Bay-only performance in our studios. You'll also hear from Fresh Meat founder, acclaimed dancer and choreographer Sean Dorsey, and Fresh Meat collaborator and singer Shawna Virago.
Join us on the air, tonight (Thursday) at 7 pm, right after Fresh Air.
San Francisco’s Fresh Meat Festival of Transgender and Queer Performance turns 11 this weekend, and after years of sold-out shows, has moved to the bigger Brava Theater. The festival features dance, song, comedy, trapeze, taiko drumming and more. Info and tix at http://www.freshmeatproductions.org