Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Want a Career in Theatre?
On the May 5, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I talk with producer, director, actor Barry Martin, producer, actor Taylor Bartolucci and actor James Sasser on careers in theatre: acting, directing, and starting a theatre company. Plus, listeners called in with questions about their existing or future career in the expressive arts.
Oh, and Bartolucci and Sasser sang two songs from the show they're starring in, Funny Girl, at the Napa Valley Opera House, May 10-19. I accompanied on the piano.
P.S. My wife, Barbara is playing the comedic relief role in Funny Girl: Sarah Straykosh, a force-of-nature busybody from Brooklyn.
P.P.S. For the hour before the first two performances of Funny Girl, I'll be playing medleys of Broadway show tunes on the piano.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 am to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM, San Francisco.