Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- Richmond mom brings literacy to laundromats
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- Holding back rising sea levels in the City of Alameda
Want To Play '4.74 Degrees Of Kevin Bacon?'
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer, with news for Kevin Bacon. According to a new study on Facebook, six degrees of separation is too much. On the social network, people are connected by an average of 4.7 degrees. Rough translation: The Facebook data team concludes that users from the Siberian Tundra and the Peruvian rainforest are likely connected by a friend of a friend of a BFF. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.