Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
WATCH: Michael Sam, Boyfriend React To Draft Pick
Originally published on Sun May 11, 2014 10:41 am
After being drafted by the St. Louis Rams, Michael Sam is poised to become the first openly gay player in the NFL.
NPR's Steve Mullis already covered the news. But the historic moment was also captured by ESPN cameras. It was an emotional moment that culminated in a kiss with his boyfriend.
Here's how Andrew Sullivan describes it: "Football, masculinity, race, and love collide together — in a few, too-human moments that defy any words. It's a new world."
Here's the video: