Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Around the Nation
Wealthy Koch Brother Builds Old West Town
Originally published on Wed August 22, 2012 6:01 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Energy company founder Bill Koch went back in time, the billionaire built an entire town in the Old West. The Denver Post says Koch built 50 buildings, including a jail, train station and, of course, a saloon. It's for his private use and also a home for his collection of western memorabilia. His two brothers famously spend on political causes. Bill Koch also spends on campaigns, but rather than just trying to change the world, he built his own. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.