Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Web Exclusive: Homeless moms march on San Francisco's City Hall
Earlier today, about 50 homeless mothers and children gathered on the steps of San Francisco City Hall calling on city supervisors to support initiatives that would help them. KALW’s Rose Aguilar was there and spoke with 63-year old Joyce Dawson.
JOYCE DAWSON: In the last eight to nine months, I’ve been waitlisted, and waitlisted, and waitlisted and I cannot find anything. Yet the apartments that I’m trying to get into are sitting there empty.
Click the player above to listen to the full interview.