Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Web Exclusive: Homeless moms march on San Francisco's City Hall
Earlier today, about 50 homeless mothers and children gathered on the steps of San Francisco City Hall calling on city supervisors to support initiatives that would help them. KALW’s Rose Aguilar was there and spoke with 63-year old Joyce Dawson.
JOYCE DAWSON: In the last eight to nine months, I’ve been waitlisted, and waitlisted, and waitlisted and I cannot find anything. Yet the apartments that I’m trying to get into are sitting there empty.
Click the player above to listen to the full interview.