Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Webby Awards Recognize Outstanding Internet Presence
Originally published on Tue May 1, 2012 5:04 pm
It may be an old-school brand, but the Volkswagon Beetle was one of the winners of the still-new-feeling Webby Awards, the 16th annual results of which were announced today. The awards recognize excellence on the Internet and are sponsored by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences.
In addition to website categories, there are also some special categories. The Webby Person of the Year was Louis C.K., the Webby Artist of the Year was Bjork, and the Webby Breakout of the Year was Instagram.
Check out some of the other surprising website winners below, including Visitor Norway for the best Welcome / Home Page.
Home / Welcome page:
Visitor Norway: http://www.visitnorway.com/360/geiranger/
Best use of animation / graphics:
Draw A Stick Man: http://www.drawastickman.com/