Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Webby Awards Recognize Outstanding Internet Presence
Originally published on Tue May 1, 2012 5:04 pm
It may be an old-school brand, but the Volkswagon Beetle was one of the winners of the still-new-feeling Webby Awards, the 16th annual results of which were announced today. The awards recognize excellence on the Internet and are sponsored by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences.
In addition to website categories, there are also some special categories. The Webby Person of the Year was Louis C.K., the Webby Artist of the Year was Bjork, and the Webby Breakout of the Year was Instagram.
Check out some of the other surprising website winners below, including Visitor Norway for the best Welcome / Home Page.
Home / Welcome page:
Visitor Norway: http://www.visitnorway.com/360/geiranger/
Best use of animation / graphics:
Draw A Stick Man: http://www.drawastickman.com/