Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
What are community colleges for?
On the next Your Call, we'll talk about the role of community colleges in higher education. A "student task force" is considering plans to restructure community colleges to be geared more towards increasing transfer rates to 4-year colleges. But some students and faculty worry these changes will actually make higher education less accessible. So what do community colleges mean to you? And how do we maximize the potential of this great resource? Join us at 10 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It's Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Karen Saginor, academic senate president at City College of San Francisco
Joe Fitzgerald, editor in chief of The Guardsman at City College of San Francisco
Jessie Ryan, associate director of the Campaign for College Opportunity