Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
What are community colleges for?
On the next Your Call, we'll talk about the role of community colleges in higher education. A "student task force" is considering plans to restructure community colleges to be geared more towards increasing transfer rates to 4-year colleges. But some students and faculty worry these changes will actually make higher education less accessible. So what do community colleges mean to you? And how do we maximize the potential of this great resource? Join us at 10 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It's Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Karen Saginor, academic senate president at City College of San Francisco
Joe Fitzgerald, editor in chief of The Guardsman at City College of San Francisco
Jessie Ryan, associate director of the Campaign for College Opportunity