Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
What are community colleges for?
On the next Your Call, we'll talk about the role of community colleges in higher education. A "student task force" is considering plans to restructure community colleges to be geared more towards increasing transfer rates to 4-year colleges. But some students and faculty worry these changes will actually make higher education less accessible. So what do community colleges mean to you? And how do we maximize the potential of this great resource? Join us at 10 or email us at email@example.com. It's Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Karen Saginor, academic senate president at City College of San Francisco
Joe Fitzgerald, editor in chief of The Guardsman at City College of San Francisco
Jessie Ryan, associate director of the Campaign for College Opportunity