Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
What Does It Take to be a Great Manager and Leader?
On the Aug 11, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I tackle three things:
How to be a great, even beloved, manager and leader? To that end, I'll kick of the discussion by giving the mock talk I'd give to my employees upon getting hired. I'll try to embed principles of best practice.
I saw A Chorus Line last night at Woodminster Amphitheatre. And in one scene, the dancers talk about whether they should continue their dream of making a living as a dancer and what they would do if they couldn't. I'll read that excerpt aloud as a way to kick off a discussion of how to know whether to follow your dream and if and when you need to give up.
Interspersed, I'll take your call-in questions about your worklife, whether about the above topics or not.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.