Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
What to expect from the Muslim vote
As part of our ongoing series with New America Media exploring the ethnic vote, today we discuss how American Muslims may vote this year. We spoke with Javed Ali, editor-in-chief of Newark-based award-winning Muslim affairs publication, Illume Magazine.
JAVED ALI: American Muslims are feeling a bit disenfranchised. They're not so enthusiastic about President Obama like the last time. The drone strikes have intensified, Guantanamo hasn't been closed yet, so they feel that President Obama has let them down. But we've also seen that there's a rise in the level of engagement both online and offline.
Click the player above to hear the complete interview.