Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
What Lessons About Work Did You Learn from Your Parents
On today's show (April 15, 2012,) listeners and I shared lessons we learned from our parents. If there was a common thread is that many fathers, didn't explicitly teach lessons about the value of hard work, but did work hard. And rather than being dubbed with a pathological moniker such as "workaholic" or "unable to convey feelings," the callers and I agreed that such people--man or women--are more wisely described as unsung heroes. I think you'll enjoy this show. It was filled with heart and useful reminders.
Callers and also discussed some keys to successful self-employment in tough times.