Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
What Lessons About Work Did You Learn from Your Parents
On today's show (April 15, 2012,) listeners and I shared lessons we learned from our parents. If there was a common thread is that many fathers, didn't explicitly teach lessons about the value of hard work, but did work hard. And rather than being dubbed with a pathological moniker such as "workaholic" or "unable to convey feelings," the callers and I agreed that such people--man or women--are more wisely described as unsung heroes. I think you'll enjoy this show. It was filled with heart and useful reminders.
Callers and also discussed some keys to successful self-employment in tough times.