Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
City Visions: September 30, 2013
What's the Future for Families in San Francisco?
With rising home prices, astronomical rents and crowded neighborhoods, it's no surprise that many San Francisco families are struggling to stay in the City. But at the same time, renewed job growth and improving public schools make San Francisco a place where more parents want to raise their children. What is the future for families in San Francisco? How are housing, employment and other forces impacting families in the City, and what lies ahead? What can policy makers and government leaders do to help families stay in San Francisco? Host David Onek and guests discuss questions about the challenges facing San Francisco families.
Producer: Victoria Thorp