Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
interviewing, journalism careers
What's It Like to be an Interviewer...of Michael Lewis, Malcolm Gladwell, etc.
On the May 18, 2014 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I talk with C-Span's veteran interviewer, Brian Lamb, author of the new book: Sundays at Eight: 25 Years of Stories from C-SPAN's Q&A and Booknotes.
Yes, we'll discuss his career as an interviewer and the art of interviewing, but also what he's learned from interviewing some of the world's most interesting people, from Isabel Wilkerson to Christopher Hitchens, Michael Lewis to Malcolm Gladwell to Charles Krauthammer.
As time permits, I'll also invite you to call in for a Three-Minute Workover. Whatever career conundrum is besetting you or someone you love, I usually can help you take at least a baby-step forward.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.