Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
interviewing, journalism careers
What's It Like to be an Interviewer...of Michael Lewis, Malcolm Gladwell, etc.
On the May 18, 2014 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I talk with C-Span's veteran interviewer, Brian Lamb, author of the new book: Sundays at Eight: 25 Years of Stories from C-SPAN's Q&A and Booknotes.
Yes, we'll discuss his career as an interviewer and the art of interviewing, but also what he's learned from interviewing some of the world's most interesting people, from Isabel Wilkerson to Christopher Hitchens, Michael Lewis to Malcolm Gladwell to Charles Krauthammer.
As time permits, I'll also invite you to call in for a Three-Minute Workover. Whatever career conundrum is besetting you or someone you love, I usually can help you take at least a baby-step forward.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.