Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
interviewing, journalism careers
What's It Like to be an Interviewer...of Michael Lewis, Malcolm Gladwell, etc.
On the May 18, 2014 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I talk with C-Span's veteran interviewer, Brian Lamb, author of the new book: Sundays at Eight: 25 Years of Stories from C-SPAN's Q&A and Booknotes.
Yes, we'll discuss his career as an interviewer and the art of interviewing, but also what he's learned from interviewing some of the world's most interesting people, from Isabel Wilkerson to Christopher Hitchens, Michael Lewis to Malcolm Gladwell to Charles Krauthammer.
As time permits, I'll also invite you to call in for a Three-Minute Workover. Whatever career conundrum is besetting you or someone you love, I usually can help you take at least a baby-step forward.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.