Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
What's It Really Like to be a Commercial Fisher?
On the June 8, 2014 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I talk with Mike Hudson, veteran commercial fisher. Can you actually make a living sustainably harvesting local salmon? How hard is it? Is it as freezing a venture as it sounds? Any tricks of the trade? Any ways to be kinder to the fish? Any fish stories?
Plus, in the second half of the show, call in with your career conundrums. I try to help with a Three-Minute Workover.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.