Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
What's It Really Like to be a Commercial Fisher?
On the June 8, 2014 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I talk with Mike Hudson, veteran commercial fisher. Can you actually make a living sustainably harvesting local salmon? How hard is it? Is it as freezing a venture as it sounds? Any tricks of the trade? Any ways to be kinder to the fish? Any fish stories?
Plus, in the second half of the show, call in with your career conundrums. I try to help with a Three-Minute Workover.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.