Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
LGBT's and Tobacco 11-8-12
When Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, Lungs, Clothes, Hair...
Have you ever been having an adult beverage in your favorite bar and got irritated about the smoke coming in from the smokers on the patio or sidewalk? The rates of LGBT people are almost twice that of the mainstream population. Marilyn talks with Brian Davis, from "Freedom from Tobacco," a project of the San Francisco LGBT Community Center, and Rachel Nolan, his associate. They say it's time for bar owners to stop enabling the smokers and endangering the public. The show airs at 7:00 pm Pacific Thursdays http://www.fftsf.org/