Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Where Will The Jobs Be?
The costs of employing an American continues to grow at the same time as automation and offshoring become ever more tempting to employers. So where will the jobs be, especially the jobs that promise a stable, sustainable living? And what's the broader solution: What's the smartest approaches to encouraging the creation of sustainable jobs?
On the Aug. 25, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I'll discuss those with Charles Hugh Smith, author of Why Things Are Falling Apart and What We Can Do About It.
In the second half of the show, you can call in with your career conundrum for a Three-Minute Workover. I usually can help you take at least a baby-step forward.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.