Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Where Will The Jobs Be?
The costs of employing an American continues to grow at the same time as automation and offshoring become ever more tempting to employers. So where will the jobs be, especially the jobs that promise a stable, sustainable living? And what's the broader solution: What's the smartest approaches to encouraging the creation of sustainable jobs?
On the Aug. 25, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I'll discuss those with Charles Hugh Smith, author of Why Things Are Falling Apart and What We Can Do About It.
In the second half of the show, you can call in with your career conundrum for a Three-Minute Workover. I usually can help you take at least a baby-step forward.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.