Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Thank You Gifts
Who Owns the Future? - by Jaron Lanier
For a pledge level of $120 or more, you are eligible to receive a copy of Jaron Lanier's Who Owns the Future? as featured on Your Call.
Lanier asserts that the rise of digital networks led our economy into recession and decimated the middle class.
But there is an alternative to allowing technology to own our future. In this ambitious and deeply humane book, Lanier charts the path toward a new information economy that will stabilize the middle class and allow it to grow.
Insightful, original and provocative, Who Owns the Future? is necessary reading for everyone who lives a part of their lives online.
Click here to donate now, then select your thank you gift from the list.
Thank you for supporting Local Powered Radio!