Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
City Visions: March 24, 2014
Who's a Feminist?
More than 160 years since Sojourner Truth asked, "Ain’t I a Woman?", 30 after Geraldine Ferraro's vice-presidential run, and 23 years after Anita Hill testified to Congress about sexual harassment, women are still dealing with violence and social, political, and economic inequality.
How are powerful female pop icons, such as Beyoncé and Janet Mock, changing the way women talk about strength, community, and sexuality?
Who are the next generation of political and professional leaders an dhow are they reshaping feminism?
Andreana Clay: Associate Professor in the Departments of Sociology and Sexuality Studies at San Francisco State University; author of The Hip-Hop Generation Fights Back: Youth Activism and Post-Civil Rights Politics
Dani McClain: Journalist and a fellow of The Nation Institute who covers gender, sexuality, and reproductive health.
Producer: Lisa Denenmark
Follow her on Twitter at @drmcclain
Out In The Bay 07-17-13
Arts & Culture