Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
Out in the Bay - February 9, 2012
"Why Are Faggots So Afraid of Faggots?" with Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore and Lil Miss Hot Mess
Flaming Faggotry: Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore, editor of the new queer anti-assimilationist anthology "Why Are Faggots So Afraid of Faggots? Flaming Challenges to Masculinity, Objectification, and the Desire to Conform," is back for another "delicious conversation" on Out in the Bay. This time, he -- oops, I mean she -- brings Harris Kornstein, aka ice-skating drag queen Lil Miss Hot Mess, one of his/her San Francisco-based contributors with her/ him. Join them, with your host Eric Jansen, for a thought-provoking conversation sure to "mess" with your gender preconceptions.