Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
OUT in the Bay - September 15, 2011
Why Dan White killed Harvey Milk and George Moscone
Eric Jansen's guest is writer and journalist Mike Weiss, whose gripping book Double Play: The Hidden Passions Behind the Double Assassination of George Moscone & Harvey Milk is a fascinating account of why Dan White did it and a fascinating look at the modern history of San Francisco and gay politics. Weiss covered Dan White's double-murder trial and the White Night Riots for Time, Rolling Stone and the Los Angeles Times. He was hooked, had to know more, spent years researching and writing, and the result is Double Play, which won an Edgar Award for Best True Crime Book of the Year. Weiss will delve into the details for us, and you'll even hear from White himself, as we play part of his chilling taped confession about the double murder.