Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Windy City Indeed: 25-Foot Waves Likely Along Chicago Shoreline Today
High winds, heavy rain and waves of up to 25 feet are forecast for later today along Chicago's shore with Lake Michigan.
As you'd expect, paths along the lake have been closed. Officials think they "probably" won't have to shut down Lake Shore Drive as well, according to the Chicago Tribune. It adds that "a high wind warning is in effect for the Chicago area from 3 p.m. this afternoon to 10 a.m. tomorrow morning." Gusts could get up to 60 mph.
There's video from NBC Chicago that shows how things are already starting to blow down by the lake.