Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Windy City Indeed: 25-Foot Waves Likely Along Chicago Shoreline Today
High winds, heavy rain and waves of up to 25 feet are forecast for later today along Chicago's shore with Lake Michigan.
As you'd expect, paths along the lake have been closed. Officials think they "probably" won't have to shut down Lake Shore Drive as well, according to the Chicago Tribune. It adds that "a high wind warning is in effect for the Chicago area from 3 p.m. this afternoon to 10 a.m. tomorrow morning." Gusts could get up to 60 mph.
There's video from NBC Chicago that shows how things are already starting to blow down by the lake.