Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Woman Passes Driver's Test While In Labor
Originally published on Thu November 3, 2011 4:54 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne with another amazing feat by a very pregnant woman. Last month, a Chicago woman gave birth hours after running a marathon. Now the Daily Mirror tells of a Scottish woman passing her driver's test while in labor. Emma French's family had urged her to cancel the test after her water broke, but she said she'd waited too long for it. French passed and put her new license to use. She drove herself to a hospital and gave birth to a baby girl. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.