Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Yes, Louise, there are manufacturing jobs in the Bay Area
On the Jan 20, 2013 edition of Work with Marty Nemko, I'll talk with community college career-training specialists Randy Tillery and Mark Martin about Bay Area pockets of opportunity in manufacturing--for example, well-paying jobs in producing medical devices, short-run machine-tooled products, etc. And how to train for them in 1 to 2 years--no bachelor's or even associate degree required. Plus you can call in for customized advice from them as well as a three-minute Workover from me.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW 91.7 FM