Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
Your Call: Afghanistan and India: Beyond elections
On today Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have conversation with freelance journalist Anand Gopal about his new book, “No Good Men Among the Living: America, the Taliban, and the War Through Afghan Eyes.” We will also discuss the five week long general election in India with First Post’s Sandip Roy. Where did you see the best reporting this week? Join the conversation with Holly Kernan and you.
Sandip Roy, culture editor for Firstpost.com and a commentator for Morning Edition on NPR.
Anand Gopal, author of the just-published No Good Men Among the Living: America, the Taliban, and the War Through Afghan Eyes. He reported on the Afghan War for the Wall Street Journal and the Christian Science Monitor and is now a fellow of the New America Foundation.
Anand Gopal: No Good Men Among the Living