Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
Your Call: Afghanistan, UN climate report and money in politics
On today's next Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss media coverage of the Supreme Court ruling that struck down limits on total campaign donations by individuals. We’ll also talk about the latest report from The UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and the worsening situation in Afghanistan ahead of the weekend’s presidential election. We’ll be joined by Huffington Post’s Paul Blumenthal, The Nation’s Mark Hertsgaard and the Times of London’s Jeremy Kelly. Join the conversation on the next Your Call.
Jeremy Kelly, Kabul-based correspondent for The Times of London
Paul Blumenthal, covers money in politics for the Huffington Post
Mark Hertsgaard, Nation’s environment correspondent and author of six books including HOT: Living Through the Next Fifty Years on Earth
Recommended on the Roundtable:
Seth Borenstein, AP: UN Scientific Panel Releases Report Sounding Alarm On Climate Change Dangers
David Wood, Huffington Post: Fort Hood Shooting Highlights How Little Is Known About Military Trauma And Homicide
Matthew Rosenberg, New York Times: Karzai Is Trying to Keep His Sway After Term Ends
Jennifer Dunn, Latino USA: Colombian Villagers Move Home
New York Times: Credibility of Afghan Vote in Doubt as Observers Flee Violence