Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- Your Call: Is there such a thing as sustainable and humane meat?
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- The Spiritual Edge: how an architect designs meaningful space
Your Call: Attack on Gaza and the child-migrant crisis at the US border
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss media coverage of the recent influx of children crossing the border. How are the media covering the plight of these children and the US’ response? We’ll also talk about coverage of the ongoing Israeli military assault on Gaza. We’ll be joined by the Huffington Post’s Roque Planas, the San Antonio Express’ Kolten Parker and independent journalist, Mohammed Omer joins us from Gaza. Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Kolten Parker, reporter with San Antonio Express-News
Roque Planas, editor for Huffington Post's Latino Voices
Mohammed Omer, Palestinian journalist and photographer based in Gaza
Aljazeera: Children killed in Israel strikes