Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Your Call: Covering the drug war in Mexico and the protests in Ferguson
On the August 22nd edition of Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss coverage of what’s happening in Ferguson, Missouri. The ongoing protests continue to receive global attention. Who’s asking the right questions and taking fresh angles? We’ll also talk about Mexico, which has become of the most dangerous countries for journalists. We’ll be joined by St. Louis American’s Chris King and the Dallas Morning News’ Alfredo Corchado. Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Holly Kernan and you.
Alfredo Corchado, Mexico bureau chief for the Dallas Morning News, the author of Midnight in Mexico: A Reporter’s Journey Through a Country’s Descent into Darkness
Chris King, editorial director at the St. Louis American
The St. Louis American: For the sake of Michael Brown
NY Times: War Gear Flows to Police Departments
The Dallas Morning News: Central American migrants face grueling journey north