Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Your Call (December 20th): How far have we come in fighting global warming in 2012?
On Your Call, Thursday December 20th we aired a pre-taped conversation looking back at climate change activism over the last year. What strides have we made? Where have we fallen short? The UN climate talks in Doha, Qatar this month didn’t seem to move the international community any closer to solutions. So what needs to be done? Can local actions make a difference? What are we facing for climate change in 2013?
Mark Hertsgaard, fellow of the New America Foundation; environment correspondent for The Nation; and author of HOT: Living Through the Next Fifty Years on Earth.
Kirsten Schwind, co-founder of Bay Localize and author of the Community Resilience Toolkit
Michael Dorsey, assistant professor of Environmental Studies at Dartmouth College and he attended the recent UN Climate talks in Doha, Qatar
The Global Journal: Climate Cash Deals Are Killing Us Softly
International Forum on Globalization: FACES BEHIND A GLOBAL CRISIS: US CARBON BILLIONAIRES AND THE UN CLIMATE DEADLOCK
International Forum on Globalization: Outing the Oligarchy - the billionaires who benefit from today's climate crisis