Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Your Call: What if we ate as if water mattered?
Your Call: How can schools keep young people from ending up in prison?
On today's Your Call, we’ll speak with performer and playwright, Anna Deavere Smith about her new work in progress, “Field Notes: Doing Time In Education.” According to the ACLU, “policies and practices push our nation’s schoolchildren, especially our most at-risk children, out of classrooms and into the juvenile and criminal justice systems.” What can we do about the school to prison pipeline? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Matt Martin and You.
Anna Deavere Smith, MacArthur genius- award winning educator, activist, performer, and playwright
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights/ CIVIL RIGHTS DATA COLLECTION: Data Snapshot: School Discipline
White House: My Brother’s Keeper