Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Your Call: How can schools keep young people from ending up in prison?
On today's Your Call, we’ll speak with performer and playwright, Anna Deavere Smith about her new work in progress, “Field Notes: Doing Time In Education.” According to the ACLU, “policies and practices push our nation’s schoolchildren, especially our most at-risk children, out of classrooms and into the juvenile and criminal justice systems.” What can we do about the school to prison pipeline? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Matt Martin and You.
Anna Deavere Smith, MacArthur genius- award winning educator, activist, performer, and playwright
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights/ CIVIL RIGHTS DATA COLLECTION: Data Snapshot: School Discipline
White House: My Brother’s Keeper