Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Your Call: How can schools keep young people from ending up in prison?
On today's Your Call, we’ll speak with performer and playwright, Anna Deavere Smith about her new work in progress, “Field Notes: Doing Time In Education.” According to the ACLU, “policies and practices push our nation’s schoolchildren, especially our most at-risk children, out of classrooms and into the juvenile and criminal justice systems.” What can we do about the school to prison pipeline? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Matt Martin and You.
Anna Deavere Smith, MacArthur genius- award winning educator, activist, performer, and playwright
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights/ CIVIL RIGHTS DATA COLLECTION: Data Snapshot: School Discipline
White House: My Brother’s Keeper