Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Health, Science, Environment
Your Call: How do we keep harmful chemicals out of our bodies and our environment?
On today's Your Call we’ll speak with one of the authors of Toxin Toxout, a book that gives practical advice on how we can remove toxic synthetic chemicals from our lives. There are over 80,000 of these chemicals in today’s commercial products--including food. So what do we need to know about keeping ourselves protected? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
Bruce Lourie, co-author of Toxin Toxout: Getting Harmful Chemicals Out of Our Bodies and Our World
Environmental Working Group: All 48 fruits and vegetables with pesticide residue data