Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Arts & Culture
Your Call: How do we respond to misogyny in everyday life?
On today's Your Call, we will respond to the terrible shootings near Santa Barbara, California last Friday that left 13 wounded and 6 dead. The shooter targeted a sorority because he said had been rejected by women. Hundreds of thousands have responded on Twitter since the event - speaking out about the culture of misogyny that pervades their lives. So what conversations do we need to be having about gender discrimination, harassment, and outright violence? Join the next Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
Genevieve Berrick, a founder of Hollaback! LA
Mikki Kendall, writer, pop culture analyst, and editor of the blog, hoodfeminism
Carla Murphy, reporter for the online magazine, Colorlines
Colorlines: Did Race Play A Part in Isla Vista Rampage?
New Yorker: THE POWER OF #YESALLWOMEN
YouTube: Julia Gillard's 'misogyny speech’