Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Your Call: How should we respond to the corporate control of our food supply?
On Your Call we’ll have a conversation with Wenonah Hauter, author of Foodopoly: The Battle Over the Future of Food and Farming in America. She writes about the history of our food system, the rise of Monsanto and GMOs. What is the historical perspective of our food supply? What are your concerns about food safety and the food industry at large? It’s Your Call, with me, Rose Aguilar, and you.
Wenonah Hauter, author of Foodopoly and the Executive Director of Food & Water Watch. She has worked extensively on food, water, energy, and environmental issues at the national, state and local level.
Food Action and Research Center: Overweight and Obesity in the U.S.