Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Health, Science, Environment
Your Call: How should we understand our connection to water?
On the July 23rd, 2014 edition of Your Call, we’ll have a conversation with biologist Wallace Nichols about his new book, Blue Mind. Nichols explores how we are beginning to learn that our brains are hardwired to react positively to water and that being near it can calm and connect us, increase innovation and insight and even heal what’s broken. What do we need to know about the power of water? On the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar.
Wallace Nichols, scientist, wild water advocate, community organizer and author
Up coming events: July 25: BOOK LAUNCH PARTY: Bookshop Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA