Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Arts & Culture
Your Call: How is the tech boom affecting the arts?
On today's Your Call, we’ll talk about the state of the arts in the midst of rapid growth in the tech industry. Intersection for the Arts, one of the oldest alternative art spaces in San Francisco, recently laid off most of its staff citing major budget shortfalls. How is the audience for the arts changing -- and how are arts organizations responding? What is the state of the arts in your area? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
Todd Thomas Brown, founder and interim artistic director of Red Poppy Art House and MAPP - the Mission Arts Performance Project in San Francisco’s Mission District
Kate Patterson, communications director for the San Francisco Arts Commission
Ellen Sebastian Chang, director, writer and a creative consultant in San Francisco; former director of “Life on the Water”
The New Asterisk: NARROWING THE GAPS: THE BAY AREA ARTS SCENE IN TECH BOOM 2.0