Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- Women in STEM: Marine Mammal Center combines science with animal welfare
- Your Call: How can photography impact the struggle for human rights around the globe?
- Nine ideas to solve San Francisco's housing crisis
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
Arts & Culture
Your Call: How is the tech boom affecting the arts?
On today's Your Call, we’ll talk about the state of the arts in the midst of rapid growth in the tech industry. Intersection for the Arts, one of the oldest alternative art spaces in San Francisco, recently laid off most of its staff citing major budget shortfalls. How is the audience for the arts changing -- and how are arts organizations responding? What is the state of the arts in your area? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Rose Aguilar and You.
Todd Thomas Brown, founder and interim artistic director of Red Poppy Art House and MAPP - the Mission Arts Performance Project in San Francisco’s Mission District
Kate Patterson, communications director for the San Francisco Arts Commission
Ellen Sebastian Chang, director, writer and a creative consultant in San Francisco; former director of “Life on the Water”
The New Asterisk: NARROWING THE GAPS: THE BAY AREA ARTS SCENE IN TECH BOOM 2.0