Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- Your Call: What if we ate as if water mattered?
Your Call: How will ending teacher tenure affect education in California?
On the next Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about a California’s judge’s ruling against the state’s union backed teacher tenure laws. What are the state and national implications of this ruling? Who bankrolled this case? And how could axing tenure and seniority change the quality of education in California? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with rose Aguilar and you.
Kitty Kelly Epstein, award-winning Scholar-Activist & author of "Organizing to Change a City"
Halley Potter, policy associate at The Century Foundation
Sarah Jaffe, staff writer at In These Times and the co-host of Dissent magazine's "Belabored" podcast
New America Media: The Power Struggle Behind the Teacher Tenure Law Suit
Capital & Main: Aftermath: What the Vergara Decision Means
NY Times: Taking On Teacher Tenure Backfires