Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Your Call: How will ending teacher tenure affect education in California?
On the next Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about a California’s judge’s ruling against the state’s union backed teacher tenure laws. What are the state and national implications of this ruling? Who bankrolled this case? And how could axing tenure and seniority change the quality of education in California? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with rose Aguilar and you.
Kitty Kelly Epstein, award-winning Scholar-Activist & author of "Organizing to Change a City"
Halley Potter, policy associate at The Century Foundation
Sarah Jaffe, staff writer at In These Times and the co-host of Dissent magazine's "Belabored" podcast
New America Media: The Power Struggle Behind the Teacher Tenure Law Suit
Capital & Main: Aftermath: What the Vergara Decision Means
NY Times: Taking On Teacher Tenure Backfires