Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- Are things looking up for City College of San Francisco?
- City Visions: Which Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Should You Be Taking?
Your Call: How will ending teacher tenure affect education in California?
On the next Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about a California’s judge’s ruling against the state’s union backed teacher tenure laws. What are the state and national implications of this ruling? Who bankrolled this case? And how could axing tenure and seniority change the quality of education in California? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with rose Aguilar and you.
Kitty Kelly Epstein, award-winning Scholar-Activist & author of "Organizing to Change a City"
Halley Potter, policy associate at The Century Foundation
Sarah Jaffe, staff writer at In These Times and the co-host of Dissent magazine's "Belabored" podcast
New America Media: The Power Struggle Behind the Teacher Tenure Law Suit
Capital & Main: Aftermath: What the Vergara Decision Means
NY Times: Taking On Teacher Tenure Backfires