Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Where is San Francisco's transportation system headed?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Your Call: How would you define the sharing economy today?
On the August 4th edition of Your Call, we’ll have a conversation about the transformation of the sharable economy with the explosion of for-profit companies like Airbnb, Lyft, and Task Rabbit? Big investors and venture capitalists are backing these companies. Who’s investing? What is the original mission of the sharing economy and how has it changed? What should a sharing economy look like? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Neal Gorenflo, co-founder of Shareable, an award-winning news, action, and connection hub for the sharing transformation.
Anders Fremstad, Ph.D. candidate in the Economics Department at the University of Massachusetts - Amherst. His research focuses on the sharing economy
The Center for Popular Economics: Democratizing the Sharing Economy