Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Your Call: Investigating fracking in the US and coal mine disaster in Turkey
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss media coverage of the debate over hydraulic fracturing in the US. How are the media reporting on the environmental and human impacts of fracking? We’ll also talk about the tragic coal mine explosion in Soma, Turkey. We’ll be joined by the San Francisco Chronicle’s David Baker, Inside Climate News’ Lisa Song and freelance journalist Alex Christie-Miller joins us from Istanbul. Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Lisa Song, an investigative journalist with InsideClimate News
Alexander Christie-Miller, Turkey-based freelance journalist
David Baker, San Francisco Chronicle staff writer
Newsweek: ‘Someday There Will Be a Massacre’
Christian Science Monitor: Miners say safety declined after Turkey privatized Soma mine (+video)
SF Chronicle: Reduced estimates of oil trapped in Monterey Shale
Center for Public Integrity: Foul air in heavily fracked Texas county has couple looking for a way out