Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- Are things looking up for City College of San Francisco?
- City Visions: Which Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Should You Be Taking?
Your Call: Investigating the for-profit college industry
On the July 25th, 2014 edition of Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss an investigation by Center For Investigative Reporting that reveals how federal G.I. Bill is supporting for-profit colleges instead of helping Veterans. We’ll also talk about the for-profit college industry. It receives more than $30 billion a year in taxpayer money through federal grants and loans. We will be joined by the Center for Investigative Reporting’s Araon Glantz and Republic Report’s David Halperin. Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Holly Kernan, and you.
Araon Glantz, covers veterans and domestic military issues for The Center for Investigative Reporting.
David Halperin, regular contributor to Republic Report.org
NY Times: For-Profit Colleges Under Investigation