Most Active Stories
- You're being watched: Surveillance in Oakland
- Punjabi-Mexicans in California: A story told through dance
- The tangled tale of Haight Street
- Strapped for housing, San Francisco weighs creative responses to homelessness
- Geoff Hoyle & Lear's Shadow ~ San Francisco Wind Ensemble ~ Orff's Carmina Burana ~ Art Lectures
Your Call: Is it time to reform Prop 13?
On today's Your Call, we'll talk about legislative proposals to reform Prop 13, the 1978 amendment to California ’s constitution that put a cap on home and commercial property taxes in the state. State lawmakers from both sides of the aisle are supporting a new bill that would close the commercial tax loophole. The Howard Jarvis anti-tax group also supports the bill. Could this be a game-changer for California ? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Holly Kernan and You.
Lenny Goldberg, executive director of Californians for Tax Reform
Ben Grieff, campaign director for Evolve
Ballotpedia: Prop 13
Calitics: Bipartisan Prop 13 Reform?