Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Your Call: Is it time to reform Prop 13?
On today's Your Call, we'll talk about legislative proposals to reform Prop 13, the 1978 amendment to California ’s constitution that put a cap on home and commercial property taxes in the state. State lawmakers from both sides of the aisle are supporting a new bill that would close the commercial tax loophole. The Howard Jarvis anti-tax group also supports the bill. Could this be a game-changer for California ? Join the conversation on the next Your Call with Holly Kernan and You.
Lenny Goldberg, executive director of Californians for Tax Reform
Ben Grieff, campaign director for Evolve
Ballotpedia: Prop 13
Calitics: Bipartisan Prop 13 Reform?