Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Your Call: Mass shooting and mass media; European parliament elections
On today’s Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss media coverage of the deadly attacks in Isla Vista, focusing on misogyny and gun control. We’ll also talk about ultra right-wing party gains in the European Union parliamentary election. We’ll be joined by freelance journalists Amanda Marcotte and Soraya Chemaly, and New Statesman’s Philip Kleinfeld. Where did you see the best reporting this week? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Amanda Marcotte, freelance journalist who focuses on feminism, national politics, and pop culture.
Soraya Chemaly, freelance journalist and feminist writer
Philip Kleinfeld, London based journalist who was written for The New Statesman, Haarretz and other magazines on a range of topics including architecture and politics.