Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Your Call: National security reporting and EU parliament elections
On the next Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we'll discuss media coverage of James Risen, the New York Times journalist who could face jail time for not revealing his sources. What does his case mean for press freedom and whistle blowers? We’ll also talk about the recent far right-wing gains in the EU elections. We’ll be joined by the Contra Costa Times' Thomas Peele, independent journalist Marcy Wheeler and the New Statesman’s Philip Kleinfeld. Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Marcy Wheeler, independent journalist writing about national security and civil liberties. Marcy Wheeler writes the blog Emptywheel.
Thomas Peele, investigative reporter with the Bay Area News Group and author of Author of Killing The Messenger: A Story of Radical Faith, Racism's Backlash, and the Assassination of a Journalist
Philip Kleinfeld, London based journalist who was written for The New Statesman, Haarretz and other magazines on a range of topics including architecture and politics.
Contra Costa Times: Media and public have to fight for rights or get boiled alive