Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Your Call: Political & humanitarian crisis in Iraq
On the August 15th edition of Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll discuss coverage of President Obama’s decision to authorize airstrikes against ISIS positions in northern Iraq. He called this a long term project. We’ll also talk about Iraq’s humanitarian and political crisis and the ouster of Prime Minster Nouri Al Maliki. We’ll be joined by the Guardian’s Martin Chulov and McClatchy’s Jonathan Landay. Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Jonathan Landay, national security and intelligence reporter for McClatchy Newspapers
Martin Chulov, Middle East correspondent for the Guardian
David Barstow, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for the New York Times
Charlotte Observer: Obama administration knew Islamic State was growing but did little to counter it
The New Yorker: Oil and Erbil
Politico: Pulitzer Prize winners back James Risen