Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Your Call: Protesting the World Cup in Brazil and low wages in the US
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation about the low-wage restaurant and retail workers protests, and the California court ruling to strip public school teachers of tenure and other job protections. We’ll also discuss the World Cup protests in Brazil. We’ll be joined by San Francisco Chronicle’s Bob Egelko,independent journalist Sarah Jaffe and freelance journalist Ben Tavener joins us from São Paulo, Brazil. Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Holly Kernan and you.
Bob Egelko, San Francisco Chronicle staff writer
Ben Tavener, freelance correspondent for Anadolu Agency and the BBC covering Brazil and South America.
Sarah Jaffe, staff writer at In These Times and the co-host of Dissent magazine's "Belabored" podcast