Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Your Call: Protesting the World Cup in Brazil and low wages in the US
On today's Your Call, it’s our Friday media roundtable. This week, we’ll have a conversation about the low-wage restaurant and retail workers protests, and the California court ruling to strip public school teachers of tenure and other job protections. We’ll also discuss the World Cup protests in Brazil. We’ll be joined by San Francisco Chronicle’s Bob Egelko,independent journalist Sarah Jaffe and freelance journalist Ben Tavener joins us from São Paulo, Brazil. Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Holly Kernan and you.
Bob Egelko, San Francisco Chronicle staff writer
Ben Tavener, freelance correspondent for Anadolu Agency and the BBC covering Brazil and South America.
Sarah Jaffe, staff writer at In These Times and the co-host of Dissent magazine's "Belabored" podcast