Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Health, Science, Environment
Your Call: Should animals be used for scientific testing?
On the next Your Call, We’ll have a debate about the ethics of animal experimentation. What are the strongest arguments for their value in research? Where have researchers gone over the line into unnecessary cruelty to their animal research subject? Who should decide what’s the correct use of animals in medical and scientific research? Join the conversation on the next Your Call, with Rose Aguilar and you.
Robert Jones, assistant professor of Philosophy at California State University, Chico
Michael Conn, senior vice president for Research and associate provost at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. He is the co- author of "The Animal Research War"
Science Mosaic: Interview with Prof Robert C. Jones
Washington Post: Firebombing Medical Research
Animal Research: The Ethics of Animal Experimentation